I’ve been looking into purchasing an Apple Macbook for myself for Christmas. A rather expensive gift but I’d really like to have a new laptop. Also I’ve never owned an Apple or had to use Mac OS X full time either so I’m looking forward to it. As I really start to get into it though I always start to remember all the bad things… something I wish I wouldn’t do a lot of times. Anyway, I went to HP’s website to compare the two price wise and I realized its not such an easy comparison. A lot of things have gotten easier though. For example both Apple and HP now ship with Intel Core 2 Duo processors so that really helps when comparing CPUs but its the rest of the computer that gets you.
- Which version of Windows Vista is equivlent to Mac OS X? Business, Home Premium, or Ultimate?
- Which CD/DVD drive is equivilent to Apple’s “Combo drive”?
- What about the different finishes I can get on an HP? Should I be jealous?
- How much extra money is 1″ of screen worth?
- What kind of graphics card does a Macbook have? Is it as good as the 64MB nVidia card in the HP?
These aren’t necessarily all of my questions but they are the first ones that came to mind when comparing the two. For comparison’s sake I picked the cheapest Macbook with the 2Ghz processor and the 14″ dv2500t from HP. What do you think? Mine came out with the Apple costing more. Is it worth it?
Enjoy the Penguins!